Self Care during quarantine: How To Do it And What Not To Do
Quarantine weekdays seem like the perfect reason to spend more time caring for yourself. It is possible to sit with a mask on the face even during work, the main thing – to have time to wash it normally before a general conference with colleagues in Zoom.
But home care has its extremes – during quarantine, it is easy to either score on it (I don’t go anywhere!) Or overdo it. How to do self care during quarantine and avoid these extremes, we understand together.
HAIR CARE: COMMON MISTAKES AND HOW TO FIX IT
Weekdays at home – it’s time to give your hair a break from harsh styling, hot air-dryer, constant straightening, or twisting. But many still make mistakes in hair care – wash too rarely despite the oily skin of the scalp or use inappropriate care products. Hair care is one of the way you can do self care.
What to do:
- Wash your hair as rarely as possible if you have an oily scalp. Fat is an ideal environment for fungal reproduction. To avoid wasting time and money on peeling, dandruff treatments, it is better to wash your head as it is contaminated. You should rinse twice – this will wash away the grease and dirt and enhance the action of the active ingredients of the shampoo.
- Ignore combing. It is especially important to comb your hair before washing it – it will not get tangled, and you will not have to pull the strands out of the drain.
- Wash your hair too often if the scalp is dry. Excessive and aggressive cleaning can only hurt you.
- Go to bed with your head wet. Video conferencing is important tomorrow morning, and you want to sleep longer and decide to wash your head at night. And, of course, not to dry, because the hairdryer spoils the hair. But going to bed with wet strands is also not an idea: wet hair is more vulnerable, it is easy to smoke and even breaks. So it would be better to either let it dry naturally or dry it with cold air.
- Too often, to use masks, conditioners, and other means if the hair, in principle, does not require restoration. Healthy hair can be burdened with excessive care.
Self Care Ideas for Coronavirus Quarantine
SKINCARE: TIPS For Self Care During Quarantine
- For girls: use the quarantine to give your skin a break from decorative cosmetics. At the same time, you get used to the unpainted face – yes, it can be difficult at first, especially if you have been painting for it every day and you have not done a bad makeup. For such a holiday, the skin and self-esteem, thank you.
- Do not rely on fast food and alcohol: it harms the body as a whole and can not affect the condition of the skin.
- Do not shower too often: frequent cleansing will dry out the skin and reduce its natural protective functions.
- Do not ignore moisturizing creams. This is especially true of hands: if you wash them frequently and use antiseptic, the skin needs extra moisture. Apply the cream immediately after washing / applying the antiseptic. You can also smear your hands at night, just wait for the cream to be well absorbed – if you don’t want the stains left on the pillow/bed.
- Avoid continually touching your face / squeezing acne or black spots. Skin will only get better, and you will have one less habit.
- Don’t forget about the nice beauty treatments – masks, peels (best done with fruit acids), wraps, baths with bombs. Not only the skin but also the soul becomes pleasant from them.
Self-Care Tips For Thriving Together During Self-Quarantine
BODY CARE – HOW TO GET UP FROM THE SOFA AND START LIVING
- Because walking is now limited, many people lack physical activity. So make the most of it: morning exercise, hourly warm-ups, simple exercise will help you feel toned.
- Remember to do back and neck exercises, especially if you spend most of the day (predictably) at the table or on the couch.
- If the usual exercises do well, lazy, dance to your favorite music, it’s time to drop your shyness, stop watching how elegant you move, and dance away from your heart (and your soul). Dancing is also a kind of warm-up, only more enjoyable. Singing to your favorite songs is welcome.
Here are some of the few tips for Self Care during quarantine: How To Do it And What Not To Do.
Subscribe to out newsletter below to continue receiving amazing self care during quarantine tips.