Mental discomfort: how to get rid of it?
What is mental discomfort? Everyone understands this differently. For some, spiritual discomfort is experience, torment, the inability to find a place and calm down. Someone’s mental discomfort causes physical pain, and can even cause neurological or psychosomatic illnesses. Be that as it may, spiritual discomfort, as well as physical discomfort, is a destructive phenomenon, saying that something is happening “wrong.” Therefore, many people, having felt this “stone” in their hearts, try to get rid of it. However, not everyone knows how to do it effectively and even more ruin themselves in alcohol and dubious entertainment. But getting rid of mental discomfort can be much easier.
- Decide on what haunts you . It’s just that spiritual discomfort cannot arise – there must be reasons for that. They can be completely different, related to you or your loved ones. Rummage in yourself and in the last days, and understand what does not give you rest. Having understood the cause of mental discomfort, it will be much easier to get rid of it.
- Draw a parallel with the physical manifestations of discomfort. Create an image. Always mental discomfort manifests itself somehow physically, for example, the pulse becomes faster or faster, the pressure rises, the hands sweat or freeze, etc. Just watch yourself and transform your spiritual discomfort into an image. Feel the size, color, shape. Do not “pull out” the image from yourself artificially, choosing which is more pleasant and better. The first thing that comes to mind is the most correct (stone, chains, needles, fire, etc.).
- Make a connection between the image and your well-being. To do this, just try the image that you have in your head, to mentally enlarge. If at the same time your discomfort has increased, for example, your heart rate has increased, then you have correctly identified your image of discomfort.
- Watch your image. Perhaps you will notice that it begins to change, dissolve or transform into something else, but do not take any “violent actions”. For example, do not mentally destroy it, burn it, or bury it. “Throwing away your stone” means crowding out feelings. “To bury …” means to suppress your emotions and aggravate the situation even more.
- Engage in dialogue with your image. How to “talk” with your inner voice about what is bothering you. Do not forget – it is part of you, and perhaps even performs some protective function, for example, it protects against even greater mental pain. Thank your image for this.
- Change your image. What changes would you like to make to your image so that it gives you pleasant emotions? What would you like to see in it? Make these changes, and so, a gray heavy stone in your imagination can turn into a big sparkling diamond. If you do everything right, then your spiritual state will improve.
- Do not give up your feelings. You transformed your emotional discomfort into something better, brighter, invested in it a piece of the positive. Grow what is good in the soul and enjoy it.
- Check yourself. To do this, simply imagine again the situation in which you felt bad. If negative emotions are gone, then you have successfully coped with your task. Thank yourself for the work done.
So, having spent a little time and effort, you can get rid of all-consuming emotional discomfort and again become a free and happy person. And it is worth a lot. Take care of yourself and your loved ones!