Father’s Day 2019 is just around the corner! You’ll need to find a great, unique, cool Father’s Day gifts for your dad and Father’s Day Quotes, Wishes, Whatsapp status & Father’s Day Messages to male your dad feel proud and special.
When is Father’s Day 2019?
Father’s Day 2019 is on Sunday, June 16, 2019.
What is Father’s Day?
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. Father’s Day complements Mother’s Day, a celebration honoring mothers.
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society.
It is said that this tradition was started from a memorial service held for a large group of men who died in a mining accident in Monongah, West Virginia in 1907. It was first proposed by Sonora Dodd of Spokane, Washington in 1909. It is currently celebrated in the United States annually on the third Sunday in June.
Sweet Father’s Day messages
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” —Steve Martin
- “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” —Dimitri the Stoneheart
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” —Unknown
- “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” —Susan Gale
- “A girl’s first true love is her father.” —Marisol Santiago
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.” —Unknown
- “Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.” —Unknown
- “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” —Erika Cosby
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” —John Mayer
- “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” —William Shakespeare
- “No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word―father.” —Lydia Maria Child
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” —George Herbert
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” —Dan Pearce
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
- “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” —Justin Ricklefs
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” —Fanny Fern
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” —Linda Poindexter
Father’s Day Inspirational Quotes
- “‘Why do men like me want sons?’ he wondered. ‘It must be because they hope in their poor beaten souls that these new men, who are their blood, will do the things they were not strong enough nor wise enough nor brave enough to do. It is rather like another chance at life; like a new bag of coins at a table of luck after your fortune is gone.’” —John Steinbeck, Cup of Gold
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” —Émile Gaboriau, File No. 113
- “A few days after we came home from the hospital, I sent a letter to a friend, including a photo of my son and some first impressions of fatherhood. He responded, simply, ‘Everything is possible again.’ It was the perfect thing to write because that was exactly how it felt.” ―Jonathan Safran Foer, Eating Animals
- “In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. ‘Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone,’ he told me, ‘just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.’” —F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- “It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.” —Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
- “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” —George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” —John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery
- “[My father] has always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch.” —Chelsea Clinton
- “A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again.” —Unknown
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” —Émile Gaboriau
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” —Unknown
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song.” —Unknown
- “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” —Terri Guillemets
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” —Sigmund Freud
- “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” —Anne Sexton
- “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there.” —Max Lucado
- “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see the future.” —Liza Minnelli
- “No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” —Hedy Lamarr
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” —Michael Ratnadeepak
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” —Harper Lee
- “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” —Alison Lohman
- “What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity.” —Jean Paul
- “When you need real understanding when you need someone to care when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.” —Thomas J. Langley
- Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride, and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. – Naveen Jain
- I have a Father’s Day every day. – Dennis Banks
- I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers. – T. D. Jakes
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. – Jim Valvano
- To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. – Euripides
Funny Father’s Day Quotes
- “[Fatherhood is] the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens; it’s like telling somebody what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.” —Michael Bublé
- “A father is a banker provided by nature.” —French proverb
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” —Frank A. Clark
- “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” —Paul Lewis
- “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” —Linda Poindexter
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” —Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” —Reed Markham
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” —Charles Wadworth
- “Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” —Al Unser
- “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children.” —Hillary Lytle
- “Even though I’m proud by dad invented the rear-view mirror, we’re not as close as we appear.”
- “Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business.”
- “I gave my father $100 and said, “Buy yourself something that will make your life easier.” So he went out and bought a present for my mother.”
- “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” —Mario Cuomo
- “Me and my dad used to play tag. He’d drive.”
- “My daughter got me a “World’s Best Dad” mug. So we know she’s sarcastic.”
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” —Clarence Budington Kelland
- “My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.” —Spike Milligan
- “The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, the second half by our children. “
- “We wondered why when a child laughed, he belonged to Daddy, and when he had a sagging diaper that smelled like a landfill, ‘He wants his mother.’”
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” —Dave Attell
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.”
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” —Jerry Seinfeld
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.”
- “You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. He’s more particular.” —Robert Frost
- “You gotta love dads. At my wedding, when I tripped on my wedding dress and fell flat on my face, Dad said, “Don’t worry, you’ll do better next time.”” —Melanie White
- Father!–to God himself we cannot give a holier name. – William Wordsworth
- Guns don’t kill people, dads with daughters do. – ANONYMOUS
- I gave my father $100 and said, “Buy yourself something that will make your life easier. ”So he went out and bought a present for my mother. – Rita Rudner
- One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. – George Herbert
- When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape. – Dave Attell
Meaningful Father’s Day Messages
- Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. – Al Unser
- Dad. Although time and distance may separate us, your guidance, advice, and love has stuck with me through it all. I would not be who I am today without you. Enjoy your special day.
- Dad. You have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to my hero and role model. Thank you for everything you have done for our family. We love you with all our hearts.
- Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life. I love our family and I love you!
- I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. – Hedy Lamarr
- I’m always going to love my father. – Floyd Mayweather, Jr
- Life has given us a wonderful family, a happy home, and love for each other. Most importantly, it has given us each other. I am so grateful to have you as my husband. Happy Father’s Day.
- One day is not enough to honor how special of a father you truly are because you are amazing every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do. I love you!
- One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. – George Herbert
- Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one. You are the best man I know. Happy Father’s Day
- The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you. You have provided stability in my life and the love and acceptance I needed. Happy Father’s Day!
- To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father. -Nick Lachey
- You are so full of compassion, love, and strength. When we need a strong hand of support in our family, you are always there. I love you for being who you are and for all that you do. Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful husband and father!
- You give our children someone to admire, respect, and honor. You are a fantastic dad. Happy Father’s Day to my loving husband!
Leave a Reply